Honestly, I was pretty skeptical of this whole Life Coaching thing. I didn’t have any earth-shattering problems I couldn’t handle. But then I was asked this: “Are there any areas of your life that you would like to grow in…be more proficient…explore…have more fun? Well…maybe (I thought tentatively.)
Visualize a circle that represents your life. It’s cut into pie sections. How would you label these areas for your life? Examples would be personal growth, work, relationships, spirituality, health, family or job. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being low, 10 being high) what areas of your life could use some more “life” in them? The center of the wheel is the “1” the outside is the “10.” What would it take to bring an area that you rate as a 3, to a 6? How would you feel? A better understanding of that area, more proficiency, more enjoyment, and fun?
I believe that every person is naturally creative, resourceful and capable of coming up with their own solutions by shifting their thinking. Our challenges are really our blessings if we use them to create a fresh perspective and grow stronger.
We all possess an awareness of what we want/need through honest and direct dialogue when the right questions are asked. A good coach will provide the questions and you’ll know the answers.
First, gaining an understanding and awareness of your challenges and/or reasons why you’re stuck is the best place to start. Next, focusing on implementing an effective breakthrough strategy for achieving your goals is needed. When the client and coach work together, you’ll create clear, easy-to-do and achievable action steps.
Is coaching for you?
Can you answer Yes! to any of these statements?
- I am ready to create more balance in my life.
- I am ready to improve my personal or business relationships.
- I am ready to make real and positive changes in my life.
- I am ready to find and live my life’s purpose.
- I am ready and willing to overcome self-limiting beliefs and behavior.
- I am ready to create plans and take action to achieve my goals.
- I am ready to achieve a sense of fulfillment at work and in my life.
- I am ready for more fun and enjoyment in my life.
- I am ready to learn how to have a greater impact on my team at work.
- I can benefit from someone who will help me to stay on track.
The truth is, life changes, and so can you. Your past doesn’t equal your future. What you do RIGHT NOW is what matters, and you have the ability to move forward no matter what obstacles block your path. You don’t have to continue being held a prisoner by your old, familiar habits and assumptions, and doing things the way you’ve always done them. Today is a new day, filled with new possibilities.
What are the benefits of hiring a coach?
- You start taking more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop putting up with petty annoyances.
- You create momentum so it’s easier to get results.
- You set better goals that are based on what you really want.
- You have more time and energy because you know where you are going.
Coaching vs Counseling – What’s the difference?
Counseling – a counselor is trained to diagnose and help clients with emotional problems, the past, or dysfunction while coaches are not.
The coach’s domain is future-oriented – what does the client want? And then coaching the client to get there.
Mentoring– a mentor is a wise and trusted guide and advisor. The mentor is the teacher that shares their experience while bringing the “mentee” up the ranks.
A coach is not necessarily the expert in the subject matter being discussed but is an expert in coaching the client.
Coaching – according to the International Coach Federation coaching is defined as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
My experience coaching competitive ice skaters gives me the edge (pun intended) to help you consider different options and try out new perspectives. Yet, you are in control and have the final say as to where your journey will take you.
Is Coaching for you?
Give me a call today and let’s have a conversation!