What’s the difference between Counseling and Coaching?
A counselor is trained to diagnose and help clients with emotional problems, the past or dysfunction while coaches are not.
The coach’s domain is future oriented – what does the client want? And then coaching the client to get there. A coach is not necessarily the expert in the subject matter being discussed but is an expert in coaching the client.
According to the International Coach Federation coaching is defined as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
As part of her coaching, Brenda’s motivation is for her clients to experience their “ah ha!” moments. In that moment when a new awareness becomes apparent, that is a win! The client is now empowered to make the appropriate changes they need to. Brenda’s enthusiasm for the process just makes it that much more of a win!
Brenda Stuart has been working with teams in the profit and non-profit world for over 10 years. She will work in any team environment and is committed to bringing out the best in everyone. Without mincing words, Brenda’s style of coaching is hard hitting, fun and impactful. She is all about getting the results that will benefit you and will work with you to achieve those goals.
A few thoughts from Brenda…
I believe that every person is naturally creative, resourceful and capable of coming up with their own solutions by shifting their thinking. Our challenges are really our blessings if we use them to create a fresh perspective to grow stronger.
We all possess an awareness of what we want/need through honest and direct dialogue when the right questions are asked. I’ll provide the questions and you’ll know the answers.
First, I’ll gain an understanding and awareness of your challenges and/or reasons why you’re stuck. Then we’ll join forces and focus on implementing an effective breakthrough strategy for achieving your goals. When we work together, I’ll provide you with clear, easy-to-do and achievable action steps. And we’ll enjoy the process, I promise.
Is coaching for you?
Can you answer Yes! to any of these statements?
- I am ready to create more balance in my life.
- I am ready to improve my personal or business relationships.
- I am ready to make real and positive changes in my life.
- I am ready to find and live my life’s purpose.
- I am ready and willing to overcome self-limiting beliefs and behavior.
- I am ready to create plans and take action to achieve my goals.
- I am ready to achieve a sense of fulfillment at work and in my life.
- I am ready for more fun and enjoyment in my life.
- I am ready to learn how to have a greater impact on my team at work.
- I can benefit from someone who will help me to stay on track.
- I am ready to find my voice.
The truth is, life changes, and so can you. Your past doesn’t equal your future.
What you do RIGHT NOW is what matters, and you have the ability to move forward no matter what obstacles block your path. You don’t have to continue being held a prisoner by your old, familiar habits and assumptions, and doing things the way you’ve always done them. Today is a new day, filled with new possibilities.
What are the benefits of hiring a coach?
- You start taking more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop putting up with petty annoyances.
- You create momentum so it’s easier to get results.
- You set better goals that are based on what you really want.
- You have more time and energy because you know where you are going.
My experience coaching competitive ice skaters gives me the edge (pun intended) to help you consider different options and try out new perspectives. Yet, you are in control and have the final say as to where your journey will take you. It would be an honor for me to walk with you through your journey.
“What makes Brenda Stuart a great coach is her ability to ask the tough questions, get results and she is a safe place…I trust her.” – Current Client
“Brenda, thank you for our coaching sessions. You have helped me move forward and have given me the skills to do it on my own. You were empathetic and kept me on track too!” – Current Client