Insurance & Payment Options
The rates at Real Life Counseling vary with each of our counselors. Please check their pages for rates. Many of our providers are able to accept your insurance benefits as either in network or out of network.
Levels of Care
Three levels of counselors are available to serve your needs at Real Life Counseling for individuals, couples, and families (see counselors pages to determine level of fees for your therapist).
Licensed counselors have completed a Master’s degree or PhD in Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Family Therapy, or Psychology. They have also completed a certain number of post-graduate hours of continuing education, clinical supervision, and client services. The number of post graduate hours varys from state to state and between each type of license.
Pre-licensed counselors have completed a Master’s degree or PhD in Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Family Therapy, or Psychology. They are in the process of gaining the required post-graduate clinical experience for full licensure.
Licensed counselors are earning a Master’s degree or PhD in Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Family Therapy, or Psychology. Interns participate in in-school practicum or internship programs to gain clinical experience prior to graduation.
With the standard rate, we do all the required billing to your insurance company and wait for their reimbursement. You pay the copay or deductible at the time of the session.
We may offer a discount for payment provided at the time of service. We are happy to provide you with a monthly invoice that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Discounts are only available for clients not using insurance. You must pay directly to be eligible for a discount. Depending on your situation, your counselor may also ask you to complete a budget worksheet to determine your eligibility for a discount.
In addition, we accept several forms of payment:
Your first task, if you are insured, is to find out what mental heath benefits you may have. You have a two options for verifying your coverage.
- Complete the Insurance Verification Form and we can verify your benefits.
- Call your insurance provider, or go to their website (listed on the back of your insurance card) to discover whether you have mental health benefits.
If you have mental health benefits, you need to know several things:
- If a referral from your doctor is needed
- If an authorization from your insurance company is needed
- What your copay is
- What your deductible is
- What the session limit is
Cash, Check, or Credit/Debit Card
Paying directly for your counseling has several advantages.
- Direct payment may be less expensive.
- You have more privacy because we will not have to provide mental health records to your insurance company regarding your diagnosis or treatment in order to process the claim.
- Your counseling will not impact future coverage decisions for health care, life insurance, or legal insurance.
- You are free of any limits that the insurance company may impose regarding your treatment.