I have been involved with Camas/Washougal School District for over 20 years. During this time I provided mentorship, instruction, individual counseling, and led groups for students who are struggling with social skills, peer pressure and impulsive behavior. These individual and Group sessions and training opportunities helped students strive to do their best academically and socially. It was also an opportunity for them to build relationships. In addition, I facilitated a group of students who identify as LGBTQ at the Middle School level. This group provided the much needed support for students who are often at high risk.
My ability to quickly develop a therapeutic relationship with students and families creates a sense of comfort as I walk alongside clients and families helping them develop individualized goals with their own personalized strengths. I also understand a parent’s feelings when your child has been identified as having a learning disability or having negative behaviors at school. Often parents are not sure where to turn or what to do. I know school policy and how to help advocate for students and families who often have an individualized educational plan (IEP) or 504 plan. I also have facilitated many wraparound teams with school staff, juvenile justice, DSHS, and natural community supports to help improve a student’s life.
I prefer to go by the pronouns she, her and they, them. In my free time, I enjoy kayaking, gardening, concerts, cooking, watercolors, marathon walking, and spending time in nature with my family, friends, and dog.
My heart is with my community. Helping others to connect and live their life to the fullest is my hope for each individual and family. I would love to join you and your family in this journey.
- Summa cum laude Concordia University 2010
- Concordia University Health & Human Services Graduate of the Year 2010
- Concordia University Presidents Scholarship
- University of Washington School of Social Work Scholarship
- C/W Soroptomist Scholarship
- Division of Behavioral Health Grant for Chemical Dependency Professional Training
Current Licensure, Trainings and Certificates:
- Social Worker Independent Clinical License
- State of Washington School Social Worker
- Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee
- CBT Plus Learning Collaborative Certificate through Harbor View & University of Washington
- Marty Smith Safety Training Certificates
- Wraparound Facilitator Certificate
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate
- Horticultural Therapy
- Trauma focused CBT
- Child Mental Health Specialist